Sunday, October 14, 2007

15 days

That's how long it has been since my last post! At least on this blog. It seems my running blog gets more of my attention right now as I am attempting to train for the marathon in January.

I hope to post more often here and probably will with the holidays right around the corner. For now, just a quick mention of things going on in the house.

We are still very busy with The Woodlands Learning Center. It has become a lot bigger than I initially thought it would be, and amazingly, it has also become a great way to share my faith. I have been so touched by the families that come to us. They all have their own share of struggles and I can listen, sometimes offer some insights, but most of all, I can pray for them. What a privilege to be able to do so. We have been blessed by meeting these families.

The children are all doing well. Bean just returned for a "Re-Born in the Spirit" retreat and had a wonderful time. I look forward to getting on a retreat myself in the Spring.

Foo and Lem are happy and healthy and keeping busy with church and Tae Kwon Do.

Fish is playing basketball and still doing Tae Kwon Do. He is one of those kids that really needs to be physically active to keep his mind focused as well. His schooling is going well as Dad is his primary educator now. I try to do some things with him and he tells me, "No thanks.... I'll wait for Dad." My feelings are only slightly shattered, but honestly, he has been needing this time with Daddy for a long time. I am so thankful that he has it now.



Boo is fast approaching two. He loves his trains. Whenever it is time to go to bed, he cries out for his "choo choo trains" in this longing tone that sounds like he might never see them again. It is so sweet that he loves so completely. I find myself thinking about Our Lord at these moments...(I know, weird) but to love Him so much that I cry out in longing when I am away from Him. Can I truly say that I love Him that much? I want to. But do I? I suppose I am longing for the longing, if that makes any sense.

More posts to follow in the next few days, but for now, enjoy these pictures.


The boys are dancing for us...nevermind the mess!

I can't believe how grown-up he looks!

2 comments:

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

Oh! He DOES look grown up. I love that...and I HATE that! I 'specially like his cry face from your angle. I get about a thousand of those a day. I sometimes wish I could put a cage around the kitchen so they don't do that while I'm cooking! I'm glad to know you are all well and busy. I think I'm going to email you soon, I have some questions about tae qwan do, and your business!

Sherri said...

It's nice to see you back!
Your baby does love the trains, doesn't he? My youngest was the same way with Thomas the Train...and any other trains for that matter. He just loved them.
It's nice to see you back blogging!