Monday, May 21, 2007

Blessings

This weekend was a bit crazy around here as my wonderful husband installed new french doors for our "office" within the house.

They look beautiful! He worked so hard on them and I, well, I did nothing to help. I've been someone consumed with myself of late, especially with the fact that I can't run. Left to my own devices, I am quite unpleasant to live with.
So yesterday, I placed myself into the laundry room to organize the shoes. That's when God hit me on the head.

"Hey K, it's me again. I'm here to show you how much I love you. You see all of these shoes? They all belong to someone you love. Someone I entrusted to your care. Stop complaining about picking them up and just pick them up. See this lovely shoe shelf. Remember that your loving husband made that for you. Oh, yes, and see the NUMBER of shoes? How many does each person really need? Seriously. Add these to the several more pairs in each closet in the HOME I have given to you and you maybe then you will understand that you truly are blessed."

Thank you, Lord. For all that you have blessed my life with. Whether or not I recognize them.

4 comments:

Barb, sfo said...

Thanks for this one.
I have been trying to whisper "I love you" when I have to pick up after someone. Helps me remember why I am doing this!

MC said...

Very nice post. Hey, could your DH build ME a shoe shelf??? ;o)

Sherri said...

Thanks for the reminder!

Pony and Petey said...

Ya gotta love perspective! God's especially good at giving that to us if we'll only listen and be open to it.