Monday, February 19, 2007

Am I ready?

Lent begins this Wednesday. Am I ready? I have mentioned before that Lent is probably my most favorite of all the Liturgical seasons. By the time we reach this part of the year, I am ready for the spiritual renewal. Truly, I should be ready at all times, but somehow, I get caught up in the busy-ness of life and let things of the most importance (like prayer and corporal works) get relaxed. Of course, then I wonder why, oh why, do I feel so far from Christ.

So here we are, a sort of "new year's" with resolutions of what we will sacrifice, what we will commit to. I have a list of things I'd love to accomplish, as usual, way TOO much. So I will pray earnestly for what GOD wants me to accomplish this season and let Him guide me in my decisions.

Check out this blog for a Lenten journey experience.

No comments: