Wednesday, December 13, 2006

This is a totally pointless post

But I thought I'd post it anyway...

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Inland North
 

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

The Northeast
 
The Midland
 
Philadelphia
 
The South
 
North Central
 
The West
 
Boston
 
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz


Funny thing is, I've NEVER been to Wisconsin, I would never call soda "pop", I've never been asked if I was from there either. The closest I've ever been to the "Inland North" is Livonia, Michigan while on vacation visiting Mark's family.

Perhaps this is what happens when one is from Massachusetts originally but has lived the past 19 years in Texas?? Or perhaps being a grammar freak has done this to me!?!

Lesson learned...stop wasting precious time taking silly internet quizzes and go get something productive done!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, you forced me. I had to go take the dumb test myself. I got the same exact results, only I am from Wisconsin! LOL.

Katie

Anonymous said...

My results said I have a western accent! I didn't think I had a drawl?!