I am very late in posting this week, especially for Thankful Thursday, but I am not any less Thankful!
This weekend has been a new experience for me. Thursday, I had the great pleasure of running in the GE Run Thru the Woods 5 miler. My goal was to finish. That is all, just to finish.
With the encouragement and pacing of my neighbor, Rick, not only did I finish, but my time was better than expected.
I met several very nice folks like, Holden, Jon, John, and many others whom I can not recall their names right now. Thanks to all for your friendliness and willingness to share your experiences with me.
I thought about getting up the next morning and trying to Conroe 5K, but passed on it. I did however run a mile last night with Lem. She proceeded to run two, one with me and one with her dad and Foo.
This morning I ran the Run the Woodlands 5K again. I think I ran 29:44, but not too sure. If so, then I broke 30 mins total and ran under a 10 min/mile! Big news for me! This also means I have completed the "Double" that Jon keeps stats for.
I was also the proud winner of a new ball cap! I feel bad that I've been sweating all over Mark's the last few runs.
So my thankful list is as follows this Thanksgiving weekend:
1. Thankful for hot showers and baths to rest my sore muscles and joints.
2. Advil. An endless supply right now.
3. My neighbor Rick whose encouragement and knowledge have helped me to reach personal goals that I was starting to think might never happen.
4. My entire family. For allowing me the time to get out and run, and then show up for Turkey Dinner, even if the turkey wasn't completely cooked...
5. For tons of dirty dishes. I've been blessed with plenty of food and family to dirty those dishes.
6. Lem, my little coffee cup filler-upper.
7. Stretching. Especially when Mark helps. It really does make a difference.
8. Memories. Memories of mom through-out this weekend abound. She was with me on my runs. Her fight to live helped me to put that foot in front of me over and over.
9. Faith. Without my faith, nothing would make any sense.
10. Comfy socks. Keeping my feet warm now and always.
Enjoy the rest of your Thanksgiving Weekend, keeping in mind that which you are grateful for each and every day.