Thursday, November 16, 2006
I'll admit it. I've not been very good about reading some of my favorite blogs the last three weeks or so. I've missed out on a new carnival that has started up called "Thankful Thursdays".
Apparently it is only in its second week, but to miss a week of being thankful is missing a lot.
Since I missed sending mine in, I'll post them here...
1. Heat. We woke up to a bit of a chilly morning here in Houston and the smell of the heater turning on to warm us brings back all the memories of happy winter days past.
2. Sore knees. I am able to run longer distances and actually enjoy doing it. Not only am I striving to stay healthy, but it gives me time to pray, something I tend to not do enough of.
3. Autumn. Honestly, the weather the last few days has been remarkable.
4. Clinging babies. Even though he's heavy, he makes me feel so important. He only wants me.
5. Tissues with lotion. To help soothe those red little noses that are clinging to me...
6. Health. We've been battling a nasty cold for about 3 weeks now. I think we may finally be seeing the other side of it. The 1st day of feeling better is always wonderful, isn't it?
7. Our Parish. For giving us the opportunity to serve others through the parish food pantry.
8. Friends. Those great people who support me in prayer, with pots of soup, phone calls and emails even when I am not always so good about calling, emailing, or visiting. You know who you are, and I love you!!
9. My children. All of them. They are each so wonderful in their own unique way. They always love me, even when I am not so lovable. They always forgive me, even when I burn the grilled cheese sandwiches.
10. My husband. He inspires me to challenge myself everyday. Most often I fail, and yet, he still loves me and NEVER complains.
I could go on and on...
I know you are wondering what the baby feet picture is doing on this post. I managed to miss this carnival as well...
Posted by K at 12:34 PM