Monday, September 11, 2006

Never forget, pray for Peace

Sometimes, in my less than wonderful moments, I think about how it seems that I am doing the same things today that I was doing almost 19 years ago. Taking care of babies, nursing babies, grooming pre-schoolers, etc. I love my vocation as a mother, however, I will admit that there are those days when I wonder if I was meant for something else. (not more, just something else)

But then today, I woke up and remembering that tragic day five years ago, I turned on my tv to see if there were any memorials playing. There were. MSNBC was running their broadcast from five years ago as a tribute via living history.
I was never so happy or felt so blessed to be doing the exact same thing (nursing a baby) whilst watching this event today as I was five years ago.

I'll never forget that horrible day. My infant at the time (Fish, who just turned five) was happily nursing and I was enjoying that early morning snuggle with my newborn son. His godmother called me and told me the news. I turned on the tv and watched in disbelief. Surely I was experiencing a nightmare. But no, I wasn't. We all were.

Today, reflecting back on the events of September 11, 2001, I am so thankful that I am exactly where I am supposed to be. I am so grateful to those who strive to protect us. I am so blessed to be doing the exact same thing that I was doing five years ago.

No comments: