Friday, April 14, 2006

Via Crucis - The Twelfth Station




JESUS DIES ON THE CROSS

We adore you, O Lord, and we praise you. Because by your holy cross you have redeemed the world.

Meditation: Lord Jesus, your broken and lifeless body call me to deeper faith. You chose death, even death on the cross. Help me to see my crosses as ways of loving you.

Reflection: On this Good Friday, I remember why He died. I remember his agony in the garden. Why must we meditate upon his suffering? Why not just recall the Resurrection? For me that answer is simple. I need to recall my part in His death. I need to "see" again my sins that cost Him his life. I need to "feel" the pain that our Lord chose to endure to help me to amend my life and resolve to not commit that sin again, with God's grace. Thank you Lord for all that you have done for me. Help me to live my life completely for you and to embrace the crosses that you have blessed me with.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be.


Via Crucis Grid Blog

1 comment:

Moneybags said...

God's love just amazes me. I wrote a little about it on my blog when I got back from service tonight, but I can never put it completely into worlds. I think "God is love" summons it up.