Monday, April 10, 2006

Via Crucis - The Third Station


JESUS FALLS FOR THE FIRST TIME

We adore you, O Lord, because by your holy cross you have redeemed the whole world.

Meditation: Lord Jesus, you know how often I fall trying to follow you. Yet you are always there to life me up. Help me always to trust in your loving care for me.

Reflection: How terribly heavily that cross must have been. He carried the sin of the whole world upon it. My sin, your sin, the sin of every man that has ever lived and that will ever live. The sorrow he must have felt as he trudged the road to Golgotha, alone.

When I am going about my duties and I come upon those that I dread, I will try to remember, Lord, that only through your grace am I able to feel relief. When my duty is complete, I can rest in your arms.
You did not get relief after carrying your cross all that way. You had to endure even more. More than any man should have to, especially you, Lord. You who are so full of love and mercy.

How can I carry that cross for you today, Lord? Can I stand a bit of persecution? Can I defend my faith without resentment? Can I love someone who may not always be so lovable? This is all you ask of me, Lord. To love, above all things, to love. Have I fallen down while carrying this for you? I know that I have. Forgive me, Lord.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be.


Via Crucis Grid Blog

No comments: