Thursday, April 13, 2006

Via Crucis - The Tenth Station



JESUS IS STRIPPED OF HIS GARMENTS

We adore you, O Lord, and we praise you. Because by your holy cross you have redeemed the world.

Meditation: Lord Jesus, seeing you so cruelly humiliated makes me realize how I cling to my accomplishments, my possessions, my way. Help me to let go of those things in my life that prevent me from growing closer to you and to others.

Reflection: Whenever I meditate on Our Lord's Passion, I am so hurt by what we as a people have done to Our Savior. Injuring him, stripping him, murdering him. Yet, in our daily walks of life, how often do we do this to others? How many times have I walked past someone in need thinking that they were just trying to take my money or that they weren't really in need? How many times have I professed to be pro-life, yet become annoyed by a crying baby or toddler? How often have I forgotten to or worse, been to busy to contribute to the pantries which feed the hungry? And how many times have I put my wants before the needs of others? I am ashamed of myself and I recognize that I have "stripped" Christ all by myself by neglecting the body of Christ. Lord, help me to put aside my own selfishness so I can represent your loving kindness and mercy to others.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be.


Via Crucis Grid Blog

No comments: