Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Via Crucis - The Seventh Station



JESUS FALLS FOR THE SECOND TIME


We adore you, O Lord, and we praise you. Because by your holy cross you have redeemed the world.


Meditation: Lord Jesus, failure and disappointment sometimes lead me to despair. I hide behind my pride and self-pity, withdrawing from you and others. Give me the hope I need and help me never to be afraid to begin again.

Reflection: I have "fallen" short of the Glory of God on many occasions. I come out of those situations just as described in the meditation above. Reconcilliation is the only thing that can bring me back to Our Lord. The pain of sin weighs heavily on me and I long to have my relationship with Him restored.
As St. Francis de Sales writes about in THE DEVOUT LIFE, when we get back up and try again, we are victorious over sinfulness. When we despise the sin, only then will we become free from it.
Do not be afraid to get back up after you fall. God is calling us to do so! We are human and we are sinful by nature, we can not change that, but we can change our affection of sin and we can strive to replace that sin with virtue. Do Not Be Afraid! "I can do all these things in him who strengtheneth me." Phil 4:13 Douay Rheims


Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be.


Via Crucis Grid Blog

No comments: