Thursday, April 13, 2006

Via Crucis - The Ninth Station



JESUS FALLS FOR THE THIRD TIME

We adore you, O Lord, and we praise you. Because by your holy cross you have redeemed the world.

Meditation: Lord Jesus, your failing strength makes me see how helpless I am. Without you, I can do nothing. Help me to rely on your strength, to see how much I need you.

Reflection: I can't even begin to imagine the horrible pain and suffering Our Lord took on for me. I am reminded of his mercy with each of his falls during his Passion. He fell three times. God (in his human form) fell three times. Yet he got back up each time and continued on his journey. Is he sending me the message that he expects that I'll fall, but he wants me to continue my journey? Again this goes straight to what I am reading in THE DEVOUT LIFE. St. Francis discusses how important it is for us to continue to fight even when we fall or fail. That THIS is what God is asking of us. Our faithfulness.

I am also reminded of how often I take my own life into my own hands, leaving God out of "my plan". How foolish of me to think that I can handle things on my own. I am nothing without His strength. Lord, help me to remember to call upon you each moment of the day. Help me to reach out to you especially when I am falling.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be.


Via Crucis Grid Blog

No comments: