Monday, April 10, 2006

Via Crucis - The Fourth Station


JESUS MEETS HIS MOTHER


We adore you, O Lord, because by your holy cross you have redeemed the whole world.

Meditation: Lord Jesus, your mother Mary's grief was surpassed by her love for you. So often you come to me in others and their love gives me new life. Help me to see how often you love me through the people in my life.


Reflection: The blessed Mother knew what God was going to ask of her. She knew that she would have to let go of her beloved son for the sake of the whole world. Could I have done that? Do I love God enough to do something such as this?

Lord, Mary is the perfect example of motherhood. Her patience, understanding, and love are unmatched by any other human. My hope is that I can demonstrate even some of this towards my own children and to those around me.

Help me to always love them, be slow to criticize, and gentle but just with discipline.

Help me to see that you have put these wonderful children in my life to bring me to a deeper holiness. I can see your perfection in them. I can feel your love in the sweetness of their affection.

Help me to always be the mother that they need, the mother that they deserve. Help me to remember that MY will for them may not be YOUR will for them. Grant me the strength I will need to encourage them to follow YOUR will, even if it is difficult for me.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be.


Via Crucis Grid Blog

No comments: