Sunday, April 09, 2006

Via Crucis - The First Station




Please join me and others from Via Crucis Grid Blog in praying the Stations this Holy week.


Begin with an Act of Contrition:

"I am truly sorry for having sinned because you are infinitely good and sin displeases you. I will avoid the occasions of sin and strive in all things to do your holy will."




PILATE CONDEMNS JESUS TO DIE

We adore you, O Lord, because by your holy cross you have redeemed the whole world.

Meditation: Lord Jesus, often I judge others and fail to be understanding or loving. Help me to see the people in my life through your eyes, not the eyes of a Pontius Pilate.

Reflection: Lord, I know I have judged others in ways that do not reflect my love for you. Forgive me. Help me to put aside my prejudices and see Christ in all.


I am imagining myself in the crowd. Would I have been one to shout "Crucify him, crucify him" or would I have sat by and watched this scene unfold? Would I have been bold enough to stand up for Christ? Am I now? Most days I fail miserably. Forgive me Lord.

I wonder what Christ was feeling inside. He knew what was going to happen, he knew what His father had sent him to do. God sent his only son to die for me. His only son. Could I do this? I thank you Lord that you do not ask this of me. How did Christ set his mind to accept his fate so willingly. No arguments. No judgement of those around him, only prayers for their iniquities. I fall so short of the glory of God. I fall so short of my Christian calling. Forgive me, Lord.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be.

No comments: