Friday, April 14, 2006

Via Crucis - The Eleventh Station


JESUS IS NAILED TO THE CROSS


We adore you, O Lord, and we praise you. Because by your holy cross you have redeemed the world.

Meditation: Lord Jesus, I can never doubt your great love for me when I see you crucified. Help me to see your cross as the great sign of love for me.

Reflection: Each time I am at Mass I meditate upon the cross above the altar. I pay special attention to the knees. His knees are so torn open and I can recall how very painful skinned knees can be from the injuries I incurred as a child. Obviously, skinned knees could never compare to the agony Our Lord suffered on my behalf, but this meditation brings me back to my childhood, and in turn, returns my faith to that of a child. I pray that my faith remains childlike. I pray that I never forget the pain from skinned knees. I pray that I can always keep my focus on what Christ did for me and in turn, what I am here for. To love, to know, and to serve Him.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be.


Via Crucis Grid Blog

No comments: