Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Via Crucis - The Eighth Station


JESUS SPEAKS TO THE WOMEN

We adore you, O Lord, and we praise you. Because by your holy cross you have redeemed the world.

Meditation: Lord, Jesus, your great compassion for others overwhelms me. I feel petty and selfish when I think of you and the way you love. Help me to pour out my love, that you might fill me with your love.

Reflection: I am always amazed during this station of Christ's Passion. It is not enough that he is carrying his cross for us, it is not enough that he knows he is about to be brutally crucified and take on the role of the sacrificial lamb for our sins, but he still feels the need to minister to the women who are weeping and wailing for him. He tells them, "do not weep for me, weep for yourselves." Am I able to put aside my discomforts and help others? Am I able to love as Christ loved and die to myself so that I can rise with Him? Oh, how I long to love as He loves me.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be.


Via Crucis Grid Blog

No comments: