As I reflect on the past year, I realize that we have come through so much. The loss of Mom, the difficulties with A, the heart problems with the pregnancy, and the welcoming of our newest son. I am sad to see 2005 pass away. I have done so much growing within, it seems this year. Trials tend to do that to us.
Typically, New Year's Eve is a night I spend in quiet, setting goals and dreams for the next year. Reflecting on the goals and dreams of the previous year. Tonight, I will spend with family and friends and cherish every moment of it. I will spend some time in reflection tomorrow, though I do have an idea of some of my goals already.
1. Spend more time reading to the children and less time worrying about housework.
2. Spend more time with the Lord in Adoration and less time talking about doing it.
3. Spend more time listening to others and less time talking.
4. Spend more time praying for others and less time telling them what I think they should do.
5. Spend more time with my husband and less time whining to him about spending time together.
6. Spend more time counting my many blessings and less time wishing for more.
What are some of your goals? Happy New Year!