Tuesday, January 11, 2005

What to say

Now that I know I have this blog, I feel a sense of "obligation" of sorts to come up with something witty and interesting to say from time to time. That might prove to be a challenge most days, but I'll give it a shot!

My heart breaks each time I see the total devastation that has wreaked havoc on South Asia and East Africa. It seems so overwhelming to even comprehend the losses that these people are suffering. It is an opportunity for us as a people of God to reach out to them as much as we can. Money, time, items, and prayer. Lots of prayer. These folks are facing a very long and hard road to recovery.

Now onto California. No where near as large a tragedy, yet, but still people are suffering great loss and hardship. My prayers are with them as well.

"Life with Me is not freedom from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. (God Calling, AJ Russell, Jan 8th)

Take some quiet time today to thank God for all of your blessings and your trials. He is making us more holy so that we can come to live with Him when our time comes.

K

No comments: