Thursday, January 13, 2005

What to do

So what does one do when they receive information regarding their loved one that the end is nearer than expected. How would you spend those last precious moments with them? Would you forget the laundry and the housework? Would you not feel guilty about leaving your other loved ones in the background again? Would you talk about it openly with the one who is dying?

I thank God for the blessings of the time we have had. I thank God for the opportunity to develop a relationship that I never thought I would have with her. But I find myself selfishly wanting more. I want to take her to San Antonio. I want take her shopping. I want to cook a meal with her and stay up to late eating things that are bad for us. But those things are not to be. His will runs much deeper than mine. And His is perfect.

I pray for the strength to walk this final journey with grace and compassion. Please pray for me as well.
K

1 comment:

mira said...

Dear Karen,

Please know that you, your Mom and your family are in our thoughts. I wish I still lived there so I could make you a cup of tea and some scones and sit with you.

Love
Mira