Thursday, January 06, 2005

About Me

Ok, so a bit about me. I am a mom to 5 precious blessings, though this morning I was ready to be minus a few after I found purple crayon drawings on my built in cabinets...
I homeschool the kids, with the exception of my oldest who attends a small private "extension school." (basically I pay money for someone to hand her work that she does at home...)
My mom is pretty ill. She is in the hospital right now in fact. She has CHF and COPD. It is really something to watch someone suffer from COPD. If you are a smoker, PLEASE STOP! This is a totally preventable condition, but once the damage is done, there is no reversing it.
So I help take care of her, the kids, the dogs. The kids also participate in Tae Kwon Do. I help with the front desk there a few times per week.
I love my faith. I am a Catholic who doesn't know very much, but loves the Church. I love learning about the history of the Church, the Saints, and how it has impacted our world. I try each day to grow a little bit in my relationship with Him. Not always successful, but always trying!
I also love history. Anything about history. I am fascinated by it all. One day I hope to be able to spend a good amount of time to explore it all.

I stay pretty busy with all of the above. I try to find little avenues to express myself so this blog might be the perfect venue. If you're reading along with me, you'll eventually get the "Cirque de moi" point. Suffice it to say, some days I hear circus themes playing in my mind as the kids are fighting, the phone is ringing, there's someone at the door, and I'm 10 minutes late for a doctor's appointment...

Stay tuned if you dare!
K

1 comment:

Mom R said...

sounds like the circus that I raised, but I only had 3. You have so much more to deal with and I admire you for that. My prayes are with you always. M